Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Health and happiness—happiness and health

“…with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory…” 1Pet1.8 ESV

The other day I was speaking with a friend and asking how I could be praying for him and his wife. He asked that I pray for health and happiness for them and said what more could one ask for that this. I mentioned that perhaps having happiness even when one was not healthy might be better. What can be better than a perpetual happiness? How can we measure the value of such joy? I think that joy and joyfulness is the gift of faith, growing out of the knowledge that all is right when we are right with God. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory. One great value of our joy in Christ is that it sees us through ill health here with the promise of eternal health there with Him. It that place, happiness and health we be joined together forever. 5/9/2008 ts