Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Loosing and gaining weight

Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him… Is53.10 ESV

As I consider why God would do this to His Son, I feel not only the weight of my personal sins, but also relief because of the extreme actions of God to lift them from me. Christ was crushed by the weight of my sins so that I wouldn’t be.
But now a new and different kind of weight comes to us. Instead of feeling the weight of sin, we feel the weight of gratitude. We loose the weight of guilt and gain the weight of gratefulness. And, like one who loses fat and gains muscle the weight gain is a good thing. The debilitating fat of guilt is replaced by the enabling muscles of grateful love and service to the Father and His Son. The burden of sin has been shouldered that we may take up the privileges of Sonship. 5/8/2008 ts