Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

“God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” St. Augustine

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3.16 KJV

Sometimes I need to be reminded that God doesn't just love the world, but that God loves me. There is nothing like a personal word of reassurance. This is why our President sometimes will call an individual family in a time of crisis and why it means so much when he does. We all know that God loves everybody in genera,l what we so desperately want to hear is that He loves each of us in particular. Do I believe that? Do I believe that God would have sent His Son just to rescue me? Paul said that he had come through a process of persuasion to a settled state of tranquility that not only did God love him, but nothing in life or death could separate him from that love. I feel better about it on some day more than others and so I still pray and suppose I will until no doubts remain, “Keep persuading me Lord, keep persuading us all.” 2/28/2011 Conversations Within ts (Between, GA)