Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 25, 2011

“I don't know why it is we are in such a hurry to get up when we fall down. You might think we would lie there and rest for a while.” Max Eastman

“For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.” James 1

More often than I care to admit, I sometimes can't remember at the end of the day my reflections at the beginning of the day. I forget promises Christ has made to me, instructions He has given to me and other things that I have learned in those quiet moments. How easily I forget. I have started editing my reflections over several days before I publish them. This helps keep what I am learning in front of me but I still rush past the real character issues brought up and prefer instead to concentrate on what I have written. What a dip stick. Fortunately the Spirit keeps bringing me back for another look in the mirror. Such reflective moments (pun definitely intended) help me see why Jesus is working not just to edit my reflections but my character. 3/18/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)