Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment. ~William Penn

“Be still and know that I am God.” Ps.46

There is nothing more comforting than a personal word from God, nothing more precious than to hear His blessed assurances. This is why He tells us to be still and center ourselves not only on the knowledge that He is God but that He is our God. When we truly wake to all that God is, and realize that everything He is, He is for us, we begin to understand how firm the foundation under us; how encompassing the shelter of His protection over us. I always feel better when I take my thoughts off my concerns and turn them to consider not only the muscular arms of my Dad but also His willingness to use them on my behalf. Fears melt on the sunlit slopes of His love. Stillness of heart comes to us when we sit still long enough to ponder His power and His great love. 3/10/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)