Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway” Kent M. Keith

“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you” Eph.4

Jesus teaches us to forgive people not because they deserve it but because we deserve it. Not that we deserve in the sense that we have earned it but because goodness is what God has in mind for people made in His image--and, it is good to forgive. We do our neighbor a good turn when we forgive them; we do ourselves a good turn also. We could hardly improve on spending each day pursuing goodness. If I want to have a good day, let me express goodness in everything I do. Let me do it for no other reason than simply because good is good. Conversations Within ts 5/28/2012 (Jax