Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” Marcel Proust

“You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29

The other day I introduced a friend to surfing. After a day of reading waves, catching waves and riding waves, I told him he would never look at the ocean the same way. Every time he sees it he will look at it through the new eyes of a surfer. I suppose the same can be said for seeking God. Once you quit fooling around and earnestly put your whole heart into the search, you begin to see Him everywhere you turn. The sky, a flower, a song, or the seeds on a stalk of grass do not simply convey their own beauty, but the glory of the One who dreamed them up and created their reality. A fully present heart will help you see things you never saw before. Conversations Within ts 6/19/2012 (Camp Farrington, AL)