Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

"I suddenly saw that all the time it was not I who had been seeking God, but God who had been seeking me.” Bede Griffiths

""For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost." Jesus

I think God graciously meets people where they are. He intends to lead them up from there if they will follow Him. My own relationship began with a fear of Hell and my belief that because God had the bigger stick I could not do some of the things I wanted to do. Over time I began to realize that even though He was willing to use my primitive fears, fear did not define the kind of relationship He wanted with me. He introduced me to love. I have also come to find, like so many, that He is the initiator and I the responder. He is the first cause and my faith the effect. He leads this dance of delight and I clumsily follow. I can't wait to see where all this winds up. Conversations Within ts 6/21/2012 (Camp Farrington, AL)