Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 24, 2017

”Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live.” Marcus Aurelius

It is said that “happiness comes from acceptance,” namely acceptance of where we find ourselves. Some call it the “luck of the draw,” or “the cards we’ve been dealt,” and in Scripture “the lot” we’ve been assigned. There are many factors that influence our place in life, but I believe that God presides over them all. He has ultimately drawn the lines that surround us so it is proper to give Him thanks if we find ourselves in a fix for making bad choices or blessed because we made good ones. Praise be, He has been known to override the bad ones.

“You hold my lot. The lines have been drawn for me in pleasant places. Indeed I have a beautiful inheritance.” Ps.16   Conversations Within” ts 3/17/2017