Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

“Now faith… is the art of holding onto things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.” C. S. Lewis

There is a blind faith, then there is a faith which is reasonable. It is reasonable, when I am rock climbing, to trust my best friend when he tells me that there is a ledge just below my foot but out of my sight. My friend has proven that he is trustworthy, therefore any faith I put in him is reasonable. That God has stepped into history time and time again is witnessed by tens of thousands of people. If we trust the character of these witnesses, then our faith, say in the resurrection of Christ, can be just as reasonable as believing that Columbus crossed the Atlantic.

“By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.” Heb.11.3 “Conversations Within” ts 3/6/2017