Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

“I want to die young at a ripe old age.” Ashley Montagu

“even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you.” Is.46.4 ESV

God assures the trusting soul that though everything changes around us He does not. He remains as good and loving to us when we are fifty as when He first introduced Himself in the womb. We may be fickle in our love for Him but He promises to carry His own from womb to wheelchair. As I look at my aging skin, the graying of my hair, the weakening of my eyes, it is good to know that His love is the one constant in my life. He was my first breath; He will be my last. His wind filled the sails of my youth; His gentle breeze refreshes me this day. Breathe on me Old Faithful Friend until my old age passes into youth again. 1/20/2009 ts