Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, January 16, 2009

When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it? Eleanor Roosevelt

“He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth…” Is.42.4 ESV

How would you describe your sense of fair play? When I look at mine, I'm rather keen on it but not so keen when it comes to the rights of others. Oh, I try to treat people fairly with whom I have dealings, mainly because I want them to treat me fairly. But do I care for the just treatment of others outside my own relations? If I see myself, as God would have it, then I would understand that I am always my brother’s keeper, and in that sense, all men are my brothers because all men are made in the image of God. Jesus spoke often about seeking justice, not only our own but also for others. The Lord would have our sense of fair play spill over on those around us. When we see injustice, and it is in our power to do something, we should be as quick in our response to remedy it for another, as we would for ourselves. God often gives influence to some so they may speak for those who have no influence. God defends the helpless and the needy and He often does so using our hands, and our voice. Is there a task of justice that He would have you seek for someone this day? 1/14/2009 ts