Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sometimes we must unlearn what we have learned especially when our circumstances have changed.

“so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you…” Is.54.9 ESV

If we want God’s forgiveness, He tells us that in Christ we are sure to have it. This is the simple good news that God is communicating to us--that in Christ He is reconciling the world to Himself, not counting our trespasses against us. Of course, God has every right to be angry with us. We all have rebelled, gone our own way, and messed up His world. I think it is good for us to know this about ourselves; otherwise, we will not seek His forgiveness. But once we own up to our rebellion, and respond to His gracious offer of peace, we can sure that He forgives us, and He forgives us everything. He is not angry with those in Christ. Let me repeat it to my soul. He is not angry with me. He is not angry. I, like many others, lived for years under the threat of God’s wrath but now in Christ, I have some unlearning to do. Jesus has met every condition of the peace treaty but one. We accept the offer, the offer found only in His hand. 1/29/2009 ts