Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

“Smile You're on Homeland Security Camera.” Smiley tee shirt

“…your walls are continually before me.” Is.49.16 ESV

In these uncertain times, it is good to be reminded that faith in Christ constitutes a contractual arrangement with His Father. One aspect of this incredibly beneficial covenant is the fundamental promise of God’s provision and protection. And, as nothing takes God by surprise, nothing is coming against us that He is not able to handle. But every contractual arrangement has two sides to it. It is important for us to realize that God guides as He provides and if we do not listen to His counsel, we may suffer for it. I read recently where one politician said, “Homeland security must protect citizens, not intrude on them.” Any parent knows that intruding is often apart of protecting. In my experience, God does not mind intruding on my affairs at all, especially to point out when I am acting foolish. We may take comfort from knowing that God is handling things outside our control but when He points out a hole in our wall and tells us to plug it, we had better do what tells us to do. 1/23/2009 ts