Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

“Don't smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.” Leo Buscaglia

'In humility count others more significant than yourselves.” Phil.2 ESV

I remember the first time I read one of those, “there are two kinds of people,” comparisons. It hit me like cold water in the face. The first is that person who walks into a room and announces, “Here I am!” The other is the person who walks into the room and says, “There you are!” I suppose the reason it hit me as it did, was that I immediately realized I knew at least two people who so clearly fit each description. My precious wife is the second sort, those whose energy is always focused out toward others and I, to my shame, am the first sort. Without question the second sort is first where value is concerned. This simple comparison highlights the great worth of all of those quiet people who never seek the lime light, who naturally and joyfully serve and only think of themselves when it will put them in a better position to help others. 4/8/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)