Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, April 18, 2011

“I am an historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center..

“I am an historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.” H.G. Wells

“God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.” Phil.2 NIV

We date our calendars around the life of a man crucified between two thieves. Everything in history is dated B.C. which is the abbreviation for “Before Christ,” and A.D. which some might think is the abbreviation for After his Death. Actually A.D. translates “Anno Domini” and means in the 'Year of our Lord.” We live in the Year of our Lord 2011 which is another way of saying in the 2011th year since His resurrection. It is the resurrection of Christ that gives Him center place in history not the manner of His death. Untold numbers have been crucified or have sacrificed their life for others but only one person in all history claimed to have beat death and proved it not only to the complete satisfaction of His original disciples but countless billions who trust Him today. 4/16/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)