Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, April 29, 2011

“I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” Roy Croft

“And Agrippa said to Paul, "In a short time would you persuade me to be a Christian?" Acts 26

Persuasive words may help someone understand why you believe what you believe, but it usually is not enough to convince them to believe it. Faith is a personal matter, usually embraced after a personal encounter. That is the very thing about Christianity; it is not so much something to believe as it it some One to believe. That someone of course is the risen Christ. It seems logical that if Christians want people to believe in Jesus they should let people encounter Him when they spend time with a Christian. People should be convinced of the resurrection for no other reason than they undeniably meet the living Christ every time they are with a Christian. 4/14/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)