Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Don't waste one moment fretting over things you cannot change.

“And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?” Jesus

In recent weeks I have had various medical tests to determine the cause of some unexplained pains in my chest. Since it is a family tradition to imagine the worst, I have been facing the frightening possibly, if only an imagined one, that I may be checking out before I want to. This has produced a number of anxious moments and a whole host of “what ifs.” After weeks of “not knowing” and still not knowing, I weary of worries stealing my joy. I guess my coping mechanism is to latch on to things the Spirit has been working in me in recent years. One is rather obvious and that is if the worst turns out to be true what can worry do to change it. The truth is that anxiety never accomplishes anything good and if allowed to run rampant can cause a great deal of harm. I am telling myself, sometimes several times a day, to not waste one moment fretting over things over which I have no control but which are certainly under the powerful management of someone who happens to be my very best Friend. 3/27/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)