Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Habit 1: “Be Proactive” “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” Steven Covey

“Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.” Ecclesiastics 11

I am pretty sure the first time I encountered the word “proactive” it was from Stephen Covey. It has become an important influence in my life. In short, it is easy to blame whatever; it is better to take responsibility for what you want and make it happen. Don’t just react, initiate. There are times you must wait on God, but be sure God is not waiting on you. Don’t just wait for opportunities to show up, go find them. God has entrusted most of life’s decisions to us. Live humbly, but live decisively. A friend once told me if you have given God the rudder of your boat, keep moving. He will direct your steps. Conversations Within ts 7/23/2012 (On the Road, Texas)