Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 27, 2012

So many have helped each of us achieve even the smallest accomplishments that no one can claim sole credit of what is clearly a community effort.

“From him the whole body...grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4

My parents, teachers, friends, even people I have never met, some of them dead, have made a contribution to everything I have done. If there is a reason to live my life for the welfare of others, it is because of the simple reality that others have lived for me. People report to work every day to serve me. "There is nothing I consume that cannot be traced to the combined efforts of the human community." Community support is true on so many levels that our obligation to do our duty and to make our contribution demands that we return something of value back to the whole. Jesus said to do this for love not because of some tax. Conversations Within ts 7/21/2012 (Camp Carole, AL)