Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 20, 2012

“Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I have found out long ago.” C. S. Lewis

Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates. Deut. 6

I like to think while I’m writing and write while I’m thinking. I’m doing it now. A friend once told me that writing makes you a precise person. It is easy to see why. Writing forces you to edit your thoughts before you publish them. It seems reasonable to me that because God chose to commit His words to writing, as in the Bible, a good case could be made for the value of learning to do it ourselves. Keeping a journal of one’s thoughts is a wonderful way to express your prayers and also to see the progress of your meditations. Conversations Within ts 7/14/2012 (Jax)