Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Habit 4: “Think Win-Win” “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” Steven Covey

“Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.” Phil.2

For years I had the mistaken notion that if you were a Christian you should always be willing to lose and let your opponent win. I felt this way because I had misunderstood the words of Jesus to turn the other cheek. The truth is that if I let my neighbor or spouse or boss always win and I lose, then ultimately they will become losers. If I am committed to what is best for the people in my life, then letting them ultimately lose is unacceptable. This may mean not letting people take advantage of you and showing them how both of you can prosper. This way everybody wins in the short and long term. Conversations Within ts 7/24/2012 (Yosemite National Park, CA)