Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

“What is planting without watering and watering without weeding?”

“I passed by the field of a sluggard,by the vineyard of a man lacking sense, and behold,it was all overgrown with thorns;the ground was covered with nettles,and its stone wall was broken down.” Prov.24

Just about every important thing in life requires active maintenance. This means that all we have to do to fail in a relationship,or in matters of faith, or something as simple as our personal health, is to do nothing. Let me take a lesson from gardening--for life is surely a garden. Weeds are sure to grow and chock out everything I value if I don’t purposefully nurture my garden everyday. But take heart! A good harvest surely comes to everyone who works in their garden every day. Conversations Within ts 8/23/2012 (Camp Farrington, AL)