Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, September 24, 2012

“It is our choices...that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. Jesus I am what I decide to do. It is not what I know or how good my intentions might be: in the final analysis it is what I do that determines who I am. But which come first, the chicken or the egg? Could it not also be said that what I am determines the choices I will make? Are both not true that an evil heart makes evil choices and evil choices make an evil heart? Thank God this is not our whole story. Grace intervenes and with it a new heart with new desires is born. Grace does not change the law of choices. It uses choice to remake who we are. Conversations Within ts 9/18/2012 (Birmingham, AL)