Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The freedom to choose may be lost by the choices we make.

“But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” Gen.3 (Spoken to Cain before He murdered his brother Able.) If I decide that I will not forgive someone I may lose the ability to do so. Over time repeatedly refusing to forgive can lock us in a prison of bitterness. If I delay the choice to get over a past injury, it may fester into a lifelong illness. If I hold on to some hurt, the hurt may hold on to me and never let go. We can lose our freedom and make ourselves slaves by repeating bad decisions. An addict used to be someone who had the freedom to say no or to refuse that second drink or forgive an insult. Make the choice to let it go before you can’t. Conversations Within ts 9/19/2012 (Birmingham, AL)