Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

“They spoke much of spiritual things, while seeking only the material.” Charles Eastman

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth...But store up for
yourselves treasures in heaven...For where your treasure is, there
your heart will be also.” Jesus

I remember once that my dad offered to give me a diamond ring. I
turned him down and told him that diamond rings did not fit well on
the hands of a minister. The truth is that I also have never cared
much for diamonds. Now if he had offered me an I-Pad, or a Galaxy S3
smart phone, I would have probably taken it without reservation.
Actually there is nothing wrong with any of these things, just
centering your life around acquiring them. Perhaps our greatest
inconsistency is settling for inferior material pleasures to make us
happy instead of holding out for the superior delights of eternal joy. Conversations Within ts 8/27/2012 (Jax, FL)