Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” Oscar Wilde

“He who separates himself seeks his own desire, He quarrels against all sound wisdom.” Prov.18
I do not mind using someone else's ideas if they are good ideas. Why should I re-invent the wheel? Individualism should inspire us to contribute to the community, not keep us from drawing from its wisdom. It is a foolish person who separates himself from the wisdom of the collective just for the sake of being different. Such a life is defined by pride, not by love. If there is any “personal” distinction, let it be in my passions to love others and contribute to the welfare of my neighbors. Conversations Within ts 1/3/2013 (Jax, FL)