Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Respect a person’s right to their opinion even if you don’t agree with it.

“As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.” Rom.14 ESV
We can learn to value people with whom we disagree and even find value in their point of view if we center our focus not on “who” is right and wrong but “what” is right and good. For instance, Voltaire said, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” I may even disagree with what Voltaire said but I do value freedom of speech. There is some goodness to be found in most points of view even if you are forced for conscience sake to agree to disagree. Practice finding goodness in opinions with which you have strong disagreement--be an ambassador not an adversary. Conversations Within ts 1/5/2013 (Jax, FL)