Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Adventure in Joy

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1Th5.16-18 NKJV

I am encouraged that it is God’s will for me to be joyous and happy. It is His expressed will that every day be an adventure in joy. When I think about it, I am never happy when I am angry, or critical or complaining. It makes perfectly good sense to avoid living this way. I am amazed that it took so long to figure this out.
Let me apply my heart to this revelation. There is nothing wrong with my desire to be happy so long as I find my happiness in all that Father has approved. God is well versed in joy. He only approves the path of superior delights.
The Good Housekeeping seal of approval is a familiar phrase to my generation. In short, when a product is given this seal of approval, it is guaranteed that if found defective within two years of purchase, the people behind the seal will replace it or give a full refund. When God places His seal of approval on something we can be assured that it will never be found defective. All that He has approved is right and good, and will always be so.
When we rise each day under His Lordship, it is His expressed desire to lead us in an adventure of joyous living. Christ has explained that happiness is found not so much in what is going on around me but what is going on in me. True joy is found in the heart of those surrendered to the Father’s delights. We may practice restraint toward people and things but only so that we may live in utter abandonment for His good pleasure. Whatever is in front of me, is an opportunity to do just that and the first step toward the discovery of joy once we are surrendered, is to give Him thanks in everything. 5/7/07 ts