Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Sensitivities

“Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.” Ro12.15 NKJV

There is a great deal of freedom, even happiness, when we are able to stop thinking about our self and turn our thoughts toward those around us. When it comes to personal sensitivity, let my heart be tender toward the feelings of others and tough as nails toward my own. The ability to feel and express empathy toward those in my life, is one of the most important skills I will ever learn, if I am to truly love them. And, it is often a self centered love, protecting its own sensitivities that gets in the way of effectively loving others. Father lead me out of the prison of being oversensitive to my own feelings, make me supersensitive toward those You would love through me, and hypersensitive to all that gives You glory. 5/28/07 ts