Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, May 5, 2007

How Would God Characterize our Conversations

“…with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.“ Phil4.6 NKJV

What characterizes the tenor of my prayers? When God hears my voice, what sentiments stir in Him? Is He pleased? Disappointed? What have I conveyed to Him, in our conversations? Does He think me a man of faith or what? How would Father characterize my prayers before Him? Does He see me as positive or negative, confident or doubtful, mealy-mouthed or straightforward? I ask these questions not wondering if God loves me, I am assured by Christ that He does. No, I ask these things wondering if He likes me. Does He enjoy and look forward to our conversations?
I have a dear friend with whom I have prayed a number of times. If I were asked to describe the mood of his prayers, one word would certainly come to mind, grateful! I have never heard him talk with God in any way that I would not characterize as sheer gratitude and utter appreciation for His blessings. His prayers abound in thanksgiving. I cannot help but think, that every time my friend talks with God, God is smiling. Who would not be? We all enjoy the company of a person who has a positive a appreciative heart. God positively delights in those who positively delight in Him.
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.”
5/5/07 ts