Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." Billy Graham

“For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol…” Ps.16.11 ESV

The idea of everlasting life is one of the most attractive aspects of Christian hope. I enjoy life and I don’t ever want it to end. Every day is an adventure and every tomorrow holds out the possibility of more. There is of course the nasty business of dying. The reality of death is brought home to us every day. Graveyards litter the land. But the hope that God will not abandon us to the grave is more than a wish or at least it should be. And, whether our hope is mere wishful thinking or confident expectation is surely determined by the kind of relationship we have with God. Are my prayers just wishes directed toward some higher power or confidant requests made to a familiar friend, one that I have always found to be reliable? 3/9/2009 Conversations Within ts