Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

" There are rewards that do not sully motives." C. S. Lewis

“For the Lord is righteous; he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face.” Ps.11.7 ESV

If I do what is right, let me do it for the right reasons. Let me do right not like some Friday night babysitter earning a wage but like a mother caring for her own child. Let me do what is right but not like the mercenary seeking pay but rather as the soldier fighting for his home. There is reward in doing what is right but the reward is tied as naturally to the deed as love is to marriage. It is not proper to marry for money, but to marry for love. It is not proper to seek heaven as pay but to seek heaven for love. When I do right let me do it to please God not to appease His anger for the times I have done wrong. Lord let me do what is right for the right reasons. 3/3/2009 Conversations Within ts