Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them! --Anonymous;

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Ps.19.14 ESV

The mouth is the faucet of our thoughts. Christ tells us that if we can control what we say we can bridle the whole body. By this Jesus may mean that we learn to shut off our thoughts before they flow out into actions. We may choose instead, to ask the Spirit to redirect our thoughts though the filter of His. It is in this plumbing, the place that exists between what we think and what we do, where grace is appropriated and self-control may be learned. It maybe wise then to place a redirect valve, so to speak, by saying a simple prayer between each thought and each action such as, “Lord is this thought, which wants to become action, acceptable to You? 3/12/2009 Conversations Within ts