Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

“Pray for patience, but be prepared for a long wait.” Stewart Elliott

“Prove me, O LORD, and try me; test my heart and my mind.” Ps.26.2 ESV

We have heard it said that we should not ask the Lord for patience because He will surely give us opportunities to learn it. Praying for patience is considered by many to be asking for trouble. Now the question that comes to mind is do I want patience or not? Or to put it another way, is having patience worth the trouble that God may send my way in order to teach it to me. We might as well ask the same of any of the qualities or fruit of the Spirit. Character is certainly learned. The truth is that our attitude often determines how we respond to training. Isn’t it also said that, “Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional.” Whoever said this, has surely learned something of patience. 3/23/2009 Conversations Within ts