Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, March 2, 2009

“Wonder is the basis of worship” Thomas Carlyle

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Ps.8.9 ESV

Jesus explained that when God is worshiped in spirit and truth then the place where we worship is of no consequence. This means that we may worship God in a cathedral or college dormitory. But to say that the place where we worship is of no consequence, just means that, there is nothing in Scripture to forbid us from worshiping anywhere because God is literally, everywhere. He is especially with the humble and contrite heart. This does not mean that the place where we worship can either hinder our interactions with God or enhance them. There are times when my exchanges walking in nature have enriched my worship more so than sitting in a church service. But I find that most of these limitations are mine. If I give myself to it, I can see God reflected in the faces of my fellow hypocrites as much as in a quiet pool somewhere deep in the forest. Maybe more so, when I remind myself that we are gathering to be healed of our hypocrisy. 2/27/2009 Conversations Within ts