Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Child, I am telling you your story, not hers. I tell no one any story but his own." — C.S. Lewis (The Horse and His Boy)

“When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about this man?” Jesus said to him, “…what is that to you? You follow me!” John 21 ESV

There is a difference in being my brother’s keeper and acting as a busy body. Knowing when it is time to mind our on business or get involved in the affairs of those we love is a wisdom issue. We do not need to be concerned when to do which if we make it our business to follow the One who is over all business.
If we understand what Jesus said to Peter, it is a mistake to assume that Christ will lead me the same way He has led another, or vice-versa. Guidance is as personal a thing as fingerprints. This means that we should learn to respect even value the different ways people serve the Lord. If anything is abundantly clear, God not only loves variety, it is an integral part of how people and things can function as one. 5/14/010 Conversations Within ts