Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

“You can bend it and twist it... You can misuse and abuse it... But even God cannot change the Truth.” Michael Levy

“Truly, truly, I say to you…” Jesus (used 25 times in John’s Gospel)

I sometimes use fillers when I am speaking and most of them add nothing to what I am saying. I frequently will say, “Ok,” or “You know,” before saying what I really want to say. Jesus frequently used the words, “Truly, truly, I say to you,” but I don’t believe this was just a habit of speech. I think this was His way of saying, “Listen up, it will serve you well to embrace what I am about to tell you,” or something like that. Actually, we get our word “Amen,” from the repeated expression, “Truly, truly.” When we say these words it usually means, “I hear you, I am right there with everything you’re saying.” I think the practical point to all this is to remind ourselves of it when we have temptations to the contrary. Every “truly, truly” spoken by Jesus is a truth to free us from the lies we tell ourselves. 5/5/010 Conversations Within ts