Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One cannot look at the child without seeing something of the parent...

One cannot look at the child without seeing something of the parent nor can one look at a Christian without seeing something of Christ.

“Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.” John 14 ESV

“Whoever has seen me has seen Christ.” I used to think boy, how I wish this were true. Even when I say it now, it sounds too much like a tee shirt something. But the truth is that when I invited Christ into my life, He came to live in me just as the Father lives in Him. This means of course that people actually do see Christ in me. The problem is that they still see me in me. And, what people witness when they see a Christian is the presence of Jesus patiently expressing His life in our struggles to be like Him. Some might think that this struggle is a kind of role-playing on our part, and for some it probably is. But real transformation comes to us from the joining of His life with our own. That marriage forms some kind of new creation the conclusion of which means we will look like the Son as the Son looks like His Father. 5/6/010 Conversations Within ts