Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

What would it be to taste at the fountain-head that stream of which even these lower reaches prove so intoxicating? C. S. Lewis

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life.” Jo.5 ESV

Just about everyone believes in life after death. Christians are not the only people who hope that there is more to life than just this life. The Judeo-Christian Scriptures tell us that God has set eternity in hearts of men. For me life is so precious, so delicious I want it to go on forever. For some, life is so very bad they hunger for a better one after they pass. People ultimately decide not only why they believe they will continue after death, but also why they hope it will be a better one. Since we will spend the greater part of our life after this one, it seems expedient to me to give considerable thought not only to the journey but also to the destination. But it is exactly the quality of my interactions on this Christian journey why I hope for greater goodness in my final destination. Only a Christian Heaven could taste better than the fair I eat each day. 4/26/2010 Conversations Within ts