Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

"May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door" Celtic salutation

“Peace be with you.” John 19 ESV

I can always tell when my children give thought to a greeting card. It is never generic, but wonderfully personal. Now we might think that the salutation, “Peace be with you,” sounds like one of those impersonal archaic greetings. I suppose it could be just that. These were the first words Jesus said to the disciples after the resurrection, and certainly, they express more than a perfunctory greeting. I believe that He chose them to convey everything He came to accomplish for us--peace with God, peace with others, wholeness within. His salutation announces that He has bound together all that was broken and put together all that was fragmented. “Peace be with you.” 5/13/010 Conversations Within ts