Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, May 28, 2010

There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought. Charles Kingsley

“You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.” Gal.5 NIV

Just because I am free to do something, does not mean that I should do it. Someone has said, “Freedom is not the right to do what I want but the power to do as I ought.” I may chose to limit my freedoms for the benefit of another just as I may exercise them for the same reason. Freedom like all other endowments is another means to enjoy God and to be enjoyed by Him. Since I am free to choose any number of activities each day, let me at least choose those things that generate joy in me and in others. And what is that but “faith expressing itself through love.” 5/21/2010 Conversations Within ts