Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” Pietro Aretino

“Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.” 1Cor.13

The only thing that makes love happy is goodness. And, because truth is good, love rejoices in it. It is interesting that the said opposite of truth mentioned in this verse isn't falsehood but evil. This is because there are certain things that are false that are not just wrong in the sense of being inaccurate but wrong in the sense of being evil. I may have mistaken notions about God which would be kin to ignorance but such notions would not be evil. But to deliberately convince myself that it is alright to fudge on something I know is true for the sake of pleasure or to feel good isn't just false, it is down right evil. Conversations Within ts 5/14/2012 (Jax)