Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Those who have nothing can share nothing; those who are going nowhere can have no fellow-travellers.” C.S. Lewis

“I am the vine and you are the branches.” Jesus

I have friends and I have friends. Everybody knows that there are degrees of friendship. I have best friends, close friends, casual friends and I suppose some who are hardly friends. Some friendships are just starting and some are old and comfortable like a well worn shirt. I have prayed that I would never meet a stranger and be a friend to everyone I meet. Living this way need not take away from the closeness I share with good friends. My best friends share many of my new friendships and I have become friends with some of my friend's friends. Friendship is all about sharing. Like branches on a tree, each new friendship that sprouts brings nourishment to the whole. Conversations Within ts 5/3/2012 (Jax)