Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

“It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them.” Dale E. Turner

“Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed.” James 5

Self-respect is born out of the responsibility we take for our own happiness. If I am unhappy I do not need to look any further than my own moods for the reason. It is silly to blame others or my circumstances for my unhappiness when I alone have the power to choose my attitude. Once I humbly accept the responsibility for my own disposition, come to grips with my own faults, admit them to myself, to God and to others when necessary, then I will be in a position to do something about being happy rather than sit and sulk that I am not. Conversations Within ts 4/23/2012 (Birmingham, AL)