Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

“They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Be angry and sin not.” Ephesian 4

The key to dealing with people who know how to push your buttons is to disconnect your buttons. Someone can't provoke you to anger if you will not let them. What I am saying is when anger is appropriate, let me be the one who turns it on and always for a just reason not because some outside influence provokes me. I will know that I, instead of they, have turned on my anger because I will be able to turn it off just as easily as I turned it on. A mature self-respect is the power to reject provocation whether if it is anger, humiliation or the simple temptation to get our feelings hurt. Self-respect produces self-control and vice-versa. Conversations Within ts 4/23/2012 (Birmingham, AL)