Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” ~Elisabeth Foley

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. John15

True friends never smother each other. I believe this but it is proving a hard lesson for me. My wife is my best friend and I can think of nothing that I would not want to share with her. This often means that I want her around “all” of the time. But I am learning to respect her space and give her time to explore her own interest. I may miss her when she is off exploring without me but I am finding this to be a win win for both of us. She doesn't live her life in my shadow and I have a more interesting friend when she returns to share her adventures. Conversations Within ts 5/3/2012 (Jax)