Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” C.S. Lewis

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” Rom 5
I still don’t get it when I foolishly think other people’s sins are somehow worse than my own or that my standing with God has anything to do with anything other than grace. God loves people not because they are good or better than others, and any religion that teaches that we must be good to be loved by God has missed the obvious truth that nobody measures up--no one’s good is good enough. Until we realize this about ourselves, we will not look to Him for grace and the goodness it works in us. Conversations Within ts 10/22/2012 (Camp Farrington, AL)