Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Five Star Review

I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me. Ps.119.30 NKJV

It is no small thing to declare one’s fidelity to God. And, people who do so are certain to come under the scrutiny of those around them. But, it is only natural for my neighbor to be curious about what works or doesn’t work in my life. People will often search the web for Epinons or read reviews of some product or service before they personally take the plunge. After all, most want what works and works well. It is then only natural for my neighbor to be curious, I too should be curious. If Jesus promises an abundant life, and I pledge myself His disciple, should I not see something of this life? Well certainly. And, if my productivity, my marriage, disposition, or happiness is not changing for the better, I would do well to consider why.
Now I have found that most, if not all of my unhappiness is due to inconsistencies on my part, and not His. But this is just the point that Jesus makes and is so often misunderstood by those who have yet to come to Him. We must first come to know our own unhappiness before we can discover His and He will often let us have our way to teach us this. This will mean of course, that there will be some very unhappy Christians, at least while they are learning this initial lesson. And, as the learning curve is different for most, we should expect some reviews better than others. I think that it is important to consider where a person is in the process. For those still wondering, my own review would go something like this. The surgery is tough, but well worth the reward. I am told I still need more surgery, but I see incredible improvement after every operation. Do I like going under His knife? Not really. Do I like the results? I surely do. Do I recommend the procedure? I give it five stars. 7/22/07 ts