Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 13, 2007

May my Tongue and Knee Agree

“…that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, …every tongue should
confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
Phil2.10-11 NKJV

Let me bow my knee this day, every day to You.
Match my confession to my actions,
My actions to what I confess.
To say that which I have first done.
To first do all that I would say.
Let me obey you as Lord,
Before I tell others that You are.

Let my tongue confess this day, every day that You are Lord.
Match my delight to my duty,
My duty to my hearts delight.
To do all that I know only in my heart
To truly know in heart all that I do.
Let me confess you as Lord,
For out of the heart the mouth speaks.

Lord make my tongue and knee agree.
7/13/07 ts